...I got a travel visa for BRAZIL!
Let me explain:
1 - My local Brazilian Consulate is located in Beverly Hills in the Flynt Productions high rise building.
2 - I'm going to Brazil.
3 - I'm going to Brazil TOMORROW. *Gah!*
How the Brazilian Consulate ended up in the same building as Larry Flynt and his Hustler enterprises, I have no idea. What I do know is this:
- U.S. citizens are required to have a pre-approved, $160 pre-paid visa to enter Brazil.
- The visa is valid for 10 years from date of issue, and allows a 90-day stay with multiple entries.
- The application process is easy breezy: go to this site, click on Visa Request, fill out the form, then schedule an appointment, and go to the consulate with these items in tow: your passport, appointment email confirmation, 2x2 photo on white background, a $160 USPS money order, printed documents showing your flight itinerary into and out of Brazil.
- The appointment takes no more than 10 minutes.
- It takes 1 week to process.
- The visa takes up a full page of your passport.
And BAM. I'm going to Brazil. Stay tuned!