Sunrise Flight Over the Cascades

I often dread early morning flights. Waking up in the middle of the night, lugging my baggage around, dealing with airport security...I can think of better ways to spend my mornings.

Shades drawn, eyemask on, I'm usually asleep on the plane just minutes after I'm seated.

However, for some reason I can't explain, I kept the shades open on my last flight from Sea-Tac to LAX last month. And wow, am I glad I did. Otherwise I would've missed out on this glorious sunrise from above the clouds and over the snow-capped mountains of the Cascades!



Next time I walk through an airport groggy-eyed, at the buttcrack of dawn, wishing I was in bed, hopefully I'll think of how I felt when this sight took my breath away. And hopefully I'll remember that a sun is about to rise and it's the only time it will do that all day long.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,